|Residence|| Manchester (formely) |
|Romances|| Stuart Alan Jones (Current Boyfriend) |
Cameron Roberts (former boyfriend)
|Children||Alfred Sullivan (his partner's child)|
|Parents||Hazel Tyler (mother)|
|Other(s)|| Nathan Maloney (frenemy) |
|First Appearance||Episode 1.1 (QAF)|
|Portrayed By||Craig Kelly|
|“||Sometimes you see these men. You can see them and you think ‘That’s it! That’s him!’. You don’t even talk to him. You never see him again. He doesn’t even know you exist. But you think about that man for the rest of your life…||”|
— Vince in Episode 1
Vince was a timid and insecure boy hiding his homosexuality for fear of homophobia retaliation and bullying. When Vince met Stuart, the two became best friends.
Vince is a solar man yet insecure, the classic good guy next door love, pathetically in love with the inveterate seducer Stuart, his best friend. Vince is afraid to come out at work because of prejudice of his colleagues, who do many homophobic jokes. When the weekend comes and he hangs out with his friends in Canal Street, however, he leaves home his shame, although it is rare that he seduce any men, since Stuart takes always the most of them. Jealous of Nathan, Vince is also a mama's boy and feels responsible to Hazel, who is struggling to pay the bills.
a man in his late twenties with a lean build, short brown hair, dark eyes and a clean-shaven face. Workplace always wears the complete while in leisure wear and even pole-fitting t-shirt in vivid colors.
In Queer As Folk
- In the American remake Queer As Folk (USA) the character of Vince is replaced by that of Michael Novotny, with whom he shares some characteristics:
- Both work in a supermarket;
- Both are not declared as gay in the workplace;
- Both are in love with their best friend;
- Both have an apprehensive and bizarre single mother.
- Unlike Michael, Vince knows the identity of his father since childhood and also has an half-sister.
- While Michael is obsessed with the comic book series Captain Astro (created specifically for the show), Vince is obsessed with the famous British TV show, Doctor Who.
- Ironically, Craig Kelly who plays the role of Vincent has also played a character in a Doctor Who episode.