|Air date||23 February 1999|
|Written by||Russell T Davies|
|Directed by||Charles McDougall|
Handsome and arrogant, Stuart Jones can have anybody he wants on the Manchester gay club scene and knows it, as do his less confident friends Vince, whom he knew from their school days, and Phil. One night Stuart picks up inexperienced but eager twink Nathan and takes him home for a good seeing-to, subsequently discovering that, at fifteen and still at school, the boy is legally too young for gay sex. Their session is interrupted by news that Alfie, a baby, sired by Stuart for his lesbian friends Lisa and Romey, has been born and he visits in the hospital. Next morning Vince drops Nathan off at school but graffiti on his car alerts the other kids to the fact that Nathan is gay.
- Aidan Gillen as Stuart Alan Jones, a successful advertising executive
- Craig Kelly as Vince Tyler, a supermarket manager
- Charlie Hunnam as Nathan Maloney, a 15-year-old rebel
- Denise Black as Hazel Tyler; Vince's free-spirited mother
- Andy Devine as Bernard Thomas; Hazel's lodger
- Jason Merrells as Phil Delaney; a close friend of Vince and Stuart
- Esther Hall as Romey Sullivan; the mother of Stuart's child
- Saira Todd as Lisa Levene; Romey's partner
- This episode was used as a base for the American remake, produced by Showtime; Many of the scenes are virtually identical in both shows.